Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October update

Howdy!

Yes I'm still willing to use my Aggie greeting in spite of having the worst football team I can remember in 10 years of being an Aggie. But hey, it's almost basketball season.

I am going to try to start using this forum to communicate what is going on for those that haven't been able to be in class. The last few weeks we've been a little light in class - maybe the stewardship campaign is scaring everyone off. There is only two more weeks of that but I would encourage you to make it. I've sat through my fair share of stewardship campaigns and this one is really one of the better ones I remember. It's not really about numbers at all but more about our focus and we've had some really great discussions in class to go along with it.

I opened the study two weeks ago with a lesson about giving and some examples of people who give in unusual situations. Wayne followed it up this Sunday with a lesson on why we give and some of the preconceived notions that make us hesitant to give.

On another note it is official, Two Become One has their own bank account at Legacy Bank under CRUMC - Two Become One. It is tied with the church account but will allow us to accept and write checks.

To go along with that we are going to start looking at the class mission projects we discussed. I've asked a few of our previous mission chairs to look at possible options but if you have suggestions please let us know. My goal is to decide on something on Nov. 18th for both this year and set a goal for a project we can "adopt" for next year.

A couple quick reminders:

- Sunday October 28th Sunday School is at 9 and we will be doing a game the church is providing and then there will be a single service in the parking lot across from the church in a tent for everyone. That will be at 10. Don't miss it.

- The boxes of food and items from Walmart for our October mission are due I believe this Sunday so you can bring them up to the church and drop them off at the office or bring them to class and we will get them to the office. We committed to 10 boxes I believe but there is certainly not a limit. I think we are at 3 or 4 right now. Just make sure to tell Martha if you drop one off so we hit our commitment or better yet exceed it.

- Dinners for Six - if you haven't had the opportunity try to get this scheduled for before Thanksgiving. If everyone likes this maybe we can start doing it once a quarter.

- Christmas party - We need to start working on this as we talked about shooting for Saturday Dec. 1st before everyone starts traveling and has work parties and stuff. Earlier will make it a little easier for us to find a place without putting a limit of 30 or 40 people.

I'm sure I forgot some things so remember you can comment on the posts in the blog and it will provide a good record of things. I hope everyone likes the new site. If you have any suggestions please pass them along.

Have a great week and hope to see everyone Sunday.

1 comment:

The Barreness said...

Hey y'all!
so sorry, but Baron and I will not be able to do the dinners for 6, although it sounds like much fun!
I am right in the middle of mid-terms, and I am working nearly 30 hours a week, and we close on our house in a few days.. so we'll soon be in the middle of moving too!

Just wanted to let you know so you can rearrange the groups!
maybe next time!
-Megan