Thursday, February 12, 2009

Missions Update

Hello everyone.

1) Thanks again for all the help raising Money for the Hart Clinic in Matamoros. Just got back for there on Sunday evening and boy was it amazing. They are doing great work done there!

2) Feb's mission is going to be a clothing drive. Go through you closets and dressers and bag up any gently used items that you don't need any more. Mens, womens and children items are all needed. Bring the bagged items to the class room and I'll collect them there. So far 2 women's shelters are what I am thinking as far as where to donate, but if anyone knows of any others, please let me know. Men's clothing is still needed at the Women's shelters. Kids are getting big these days.

3) In March and/or April our Mission will be to help fund the Red Bird Mission in Tennessee. Boy can they use our help. If you get a chance watch 20/20 on Friday night, Diane Sawyer is doing an article on the poverty in the mountains out there.

I am teaching Journey this week so I hope to have someone fill in the details on these in my absence if I am not able to pop down myself.

See you soon,

Wayne

No comments: