Sunday, October 10, 2010

Treasurer's Update

Hello! My last update of the treasury was on 5/22 so it has been a little less than 5 months since I updated everyone on the state of the treasury, note that last time it was about 6 months between updates so I am getting better.....I'll try to be more consistent (like monthly) from here on out.

Previous Balance (from 5/22/10 post) $1909.23
Deposits $ 217
Withdrawls $ (70)-This was for the June mission-Sunday's for VBS
Balance 10/10 $2056.23

Paid in Full-$1500 to be paid in October 2011 Update
In May we had $416 towards paid in full, we will add an additional $109 to that from the deposits noted above giving us a total of $525 towards our $1500 to be paid in October 2011. Since we are at the halfway point we need to be at $750 so we are over $200 short. We need to stay mindful of this commitment that we made and hopefully not have it hurt what is in our treasury as we need to be using that money for missions and such. When we made this commitment we had about 15 couples in the class so this essentially worked out to approximately $100 per couple over 2 years so please keep that in mind when you are donating to the treasury on a weekly basis (no one is looking to see who is putting in what so don't feel like you have to give a lot if the ability is not there either). I wanted to get this out there as everyone is making their yearly commitments to the church as this is a commitment that we made and agreed upon as a class. Remember that we can take checks (and I promise to deposit them) so don't let not having cash stop you from donating. Offering is always down over the summer so I am not terribly concerned about this but will continue to update everyone monthly so that we can fulfill this commitment. If you want to give an amount specifically to this please let me know and I won't split it like I do with the weekly offering. The reason for that is that we normally gave half of our offering to the church and decided to give it to Paid in Full for the 2 years that that campaign runs. Questions or concerns or if this is super confusing please don't hesitate to call me!

Have a great day!
Ashlea

No comments: