Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 13,2008

I hope everyone had a fun fourth of July. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again real soon. I wanted to send out a few reminders since so many were out last week.

1) This is the first "Second Sunday" luncheon. I am sure we will hear soon from the Nasers about the location.

2) I am teaching this week on the Discipline of Submission. I am hoping to take it in a completely different direction than we have in the past. Be thinking in advance of the postive and negative aspects of submission in all walks of life, as I hope a majority of our discussion will revolve around that. Any personal examples would only liven up the discussion. Also I was thinking of using two old movies to help illustrate some of the points that I think will come up. Obviously we can't watch them all but think about Lester Burnham from "American Beauty" and Will Hunting from "Good Will Hunting." Think about how submission and lack there of benefited or hurt their lives.

Anyway I think we will have some great discussion on this. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and lunch too.

Wayne

No comments: