Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sunday's Lesson & Meet the Hlavatys

Happy Friday Everyone,

I hope the first week back went smoothly for all our teachers. This week in class Jason Lincoln will be leading us in a discussion about Hannah. You can check out 1 Samuel 1 1:28 if you want to get a jump on Sunday's lesson.

A little about Amy & Phil Hlavaty
We have been married since May 24th of this year and are currently living in Allen with our dachshund, Riley. No kids as of yet. Phil works as an engineer at Raytheon in Garland. I am in my fifth year teaching in the Bible and Theology Department at McKinney Christian Academy. I also coach high school volleyball there. Phil and I both grew up in Texas (he-Houston and I - Plano). Phil is a proud Aggie, and I am a proud alum of TCU (undergrad) and Duke University (graduate school).

When you get a chance introduce yourselves to Amy and Phil. Having new couples in class it might be helpful if we all try to remember our name tags. You know how hard it can be to learn so many new names and faces.

Thanks guys,
Julie

No comments: